Pages

12/16/14

Kombucha 101




kom·bu·cha
  kômˈbo͞oCHə/
noun

               a beverage produced by fermenting sweet tea with a culture of yeast and bacteria.



Being a Holistic Wellness Coach, I try to find all natural products for pretty much everything I use for my family and myself on a daily basis. I picked up some Kombucha from Whole Foods last night because I have read and heard SO may amazing things about this stuff. Now, this isn't something I just saw a picture of and told myself I was going to go out and by it, NO. I have done MY own researching on this product for a while now, thus is why I have been dying to get my hands on it! The benefits are incredible. Like, curing cancer?! What!? Why isn't everyone looking into this more?


Since I am BIG on list making and tip creating I thought I would share 3 of the many benefits I found really make a difference is our over-all well being.




3 Benefits of Kombucha

1.        Detoxification - produces healthy livers and aides cancer prevention. One of kombucha’s greatest health benefits is its ability to detox the body. It is rich in enzymes and bacterial acids our bodies produce and/or use to detox your system. Therefore, reducing our pancreatic load and easing the burden on the liver. Kombucha is very high in Glucaric acid, and in recent studies it has been shown that glucaric acid helps prevent cancer. Crazy isn't it?!

2.         Helps aid in digestion - Kombucha is naturally fermented with a living colony of bacteria and yeast, which actually makes it a probiotic beverage. This has a TON of benefits such as improved digestion, mental clarity, mood stability, e.t.c.
    It's also known for reducing or eliminating the symptoms of depression, fibromyalgia, and anxiety.

3.        Reducing joint pain - Kombucha contains glucosamines, which is a strong preventive and treatment all forms of arthritis. Hyaluronic acid enables connective tissue to bind moisture thousands of times its weight and maintains tissue structure, moisture, lubrication and flexibility and lessens free radical damage, while associated collagen retards and reduces wrinkles.





Want to purchase Kombucha?

My bottle is from Whole Foods. (cost: $4.99)

If you have a Whole Foods,
Trader Joes, or any natural/organic health food stores in your area,
it is HIGHLY recommended that you purchase from there.




I hope you babes have a fantastic Tuesday!



Light + Love,


Courtney ♥







No comments:

Post a Comment