Pages

12/18/14

Let's Talk Vitamins



Hi Loves!!

Today I wanted to chat a little about vitamins and minerals and why our bodies need them!
Now, as I have said before I am not a huge on supplements and really, just pills in general.
I strongly believe in getting ALL nutrients through plant-based WHOLE foods if at all possible BUT I will say that I take a few vitamins/minerals that my body might not get a full dose off!

I will start with what I take on a daily basis just to give you all an idea.
You do not HAVE to take these.
Everyone finds what works best for them and
their health and these are just what work for me!


1. Multivitamin
2. Iron
3. Magnesium


Alright, so a multivitamin - I take HSN (Hair, Skin, Nails) because it gives you your daily dose of vitamins/minerals and as a vegan I lack in the vitamin B12 department.
I live by these vitamins for the simple fact that I have noticed a drastic difference in the condition of my hair, skin, nails and overall health.

2. Iron - Alright, this is not something that everyone has to take.
I have to take iron because I have anemia.
It is an iron deficiency and it's just something I have always had.
It isn't the best but it isn't the worse.

3. Magnesium - I have actually talked about this mineral a little bit in one of my previous posts.
I'll put the link here if you want to read on it!

Okay. Now that you know what vitamins/minerals I swear by, I am going to be talking about the 11 essential vitamins and minerals our bodies need.

11 Essential Vitamins and Minerals

Vitamin A - (which is also found in carrots.)
keeps our eyes healthy and is good for general growth and development.

Vitamin C - (who else loves oranges!?)
it's an antioxidant that is also good for our skins elasticity and strengthening our blood vessels.

Vitamin D - (SUNSHINE, eggs, mushrooms, oh my!)
we all know that vitamin d is goof for our bones!

B Vitamins - (bananas, beans, potatoes)
helps our immune function, the way we produce energy and again, IRON absorption.

Vitamin K - (EAT YO GREENS!)
is a fat-soluble vitamin that is most well known
for the important role it plays in blood clotting

Vitamin E - (almonds, tomatoes, nuts)
protects our bodies from free radicals and helps with our blood circulation.

Folic Acid - (citrus fruits, dark greens, beets)
helps prevent birth defects and protects cell renewal.

Calcium - (grains, dark leafy greens, tofu)
Obviously, you can also get calcium from dairy too BUT, we're all different.

Iron - (soybeans, dark leafy greens, lentils)
good for muscle building and maintaining healthy blood.

Zinc - (wait for it.... DARK CHOCOLATE, and cashews, seafood)
Amazing for growth, fertility and immunity.

Chromium - (whole grains, herbs, veggies)
chromium is good for our glucose function.
It gives our bodies energy when needed.



There you have it!
It's actually pretty simple to get our daily dose
of these vitamins and minerals by watching what we're feeding our bodies!
We only get one body in this lifetime...
You wouldn't buy yourself a brand new Ferrari
and then never clean it, never get maintenance on it,
and fill it up with unleaded gas, would you?

Exactly.


Light + Love,

Courtney ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment