Pages

11/11/14

FIVE tips to STAY MOTIVATED.

Happy Tuesday Babes!

I decided I wanted to kick start my blog with the MOST talked about subject when it comes to Fitness & Health. Everyone wants to be motivated to get their butts in gear and workout, especially around the Holiday season! What better way than to share with you my 5 tips and tricks to help keep me motivated to keep moving through the Holiday season and thereafter!
 
1. REALISTIC GOALS: Now, I know it's easy to flip through magazines looking at the Victoria's Secret models saying to yourself "my goal is to look like this in 30 days!" Well, hold on a second. You have to take in to consideration that - A. Photoshop is a real thing. and B. That model didn't earn her body in 30 days! Writing down a time frame and realistic fitness goals will result in you keeping the motivation and not over-working yourself. Also, you don't want to disappoint yourself by creating goals that may take you a lot longer than you hoped it would. You don't want to leave yourself feeling defeated and therefore losing all motivation to continue.

2. Accountability & Progress: You want to make sure that you are always tracking your progress! If that means mirror selfies 20 times a day at 20 different angles then DO IT! I'm not saying become obsessed but i am saying just a week in different exercises and clean eating will shift how your body looks! Once you see the changes, that motivation burns deeper! I also find that joining in on social media fitness groups with others who have similar goals is a great way to not only stay motivated but help motivate others and share stories and tips along the way!

3. SHOPPING IS CARDIO: I don't know about you but I know I feel extra motivated to get in a good sweat sesh when I know my work-out clothes are colorful & stylish! Reward yourself with new WO clothes! Have fun with it! A #GIRLBOSS is stylish in whatever clothes she's wearing!

4.A Workout Bestie: I would recommend that you start connecting with others who have the same passion for fitness and health. People who share similar goals and interests that understands your fitness "WHY." It's so important to have a support system! Join groups, or find a friend to workout with you! You could even exchange your goals with one another, plan workout meetups. You can get so creative with this!

5.Change Is Good: This is SO important and I can't stress it enough. Make sure that every couple of weeks you are changing up your routines! You always want to be challenging your muscles and staying with the same routine will not only get boring but your muscles will get so immuned that they stop progressing. Also, remember that with each new week you should up the ante on your workouts! Make each week tougher than the last! Incorporate some morning runs, or swim classes, yoga and pilates, anything that is different and out of your comfort zone will help keep the excitement going and the motivation flowing!
 
 
These tips have helped me tremendously and my hopes are that you can use them to help you just when you feel like giving up! 
 
P.S. I want to make my blog about all of YOU! So leave me comments below with what kind of posts you would like to see!
 
NOW GO GET YOUR WORKOUT IN IF YOU HAVENT!! 
 
 
Courtney Edwards
NASM-CPT
Fitness.Health.Wellness.Love

1 comment: