Pages

5/25/15

Monday Morning Coffee Talk // Happy Memorial Day

Good morning my loves and a very happy Memorial Day! I hope your three day weekend has been treating you all wonderfully. Today's post is just going to be nothing more than an early morning thought entry. I thought I would just brew myself a fresh cup of coffee to start my morning, as I always do and just sit down and share my minds thoughts with all of you, because as you will learn, I am an open book full of wander and dreams and ideas and inspiration and it just wouldn't feel right keeping it all bottled inside. See, I am extremely OCD and I am always making lists and schedules for everything. I have to have a plan and sometimes I catch myself trying to control and handle every bit of every situation. It's not something I'm proud of and it's most certainly something I have to constantly work at but that is what life is about right? Learning new and different things, scary and out of the ordinary things, so we can continue to grow for the better and finally start living our lives with purpose. I'm a gal who lives strictly by faith and by love. I don't really think it matters what all a person believes in because at the end of the day, as long as you're living your life with positive intentions and good doing then everything else is irrelevant. I've gone through a huge transition in my life this past year and as I'm getting older and becoming more wise, I start to realize that life truly is about the simple things. Like early morning coffee with my co-alpha or getting a text from a loved one I haven't heard from in a while. Being able to make breakfast for my cubs and snuggle on our cozy couch watching cartoons before we start our crazy day. It's the fulfillment in my heart I get right before I climb into bed and say a prayer each night feeling genuinely grateful for my life and many, many blessings that have been bestowed on my little family.

I like to start my Monday mornings off super early [5:30am usually] because it helps me really focus my soul and set my hearts intentions for good for the rest of my week. It's my time to reflect and tune my frequency with the universe. I feel completely off balance if I don't. There is just something so relaxing and reassuring about being able to start my mornings off alone and with the Divine, reading my devotionals and making sure I am writing down and planning out my goals, short term and long term, because like they say ''a dream without a plan is just a dream'' and I know I've spend a big chunk of my life putting my goals and dreams on the back burner because I was pretty good at blaming life but really it was just my own fear. Fear of what you ask? Honestly, failure and success. Fear of failure because the obvious answer is no one wants to fail. Fear of success because what if I can't handle the change whether it be good or bad? Worrying though, has done nothing good for me and I am so grateful that I have learned that fear is in the mindset and if I want to go out and achieve life then I have to do those things that are uncomfortable, like sitting here at my desk with my granny flannel pj's on, top knot mess, sipping on my coffee and pouring out my hearts feelings on a blog that I contemplated on starting for months but here I am, doing one of those things that scares the hell out of me because I'm human. I have to keep remembering that.

You know something crazy? As I sat down to write out this post, I really had no clue what I was going to say. I've been planning out my posts and the different topics I am thinking about discussing here on my blog and it got me thinking... why the hell am I stressing about what to write? I want to reach out and inspire others with my posts but I also want to be able to use my blog as my own personal journal so I can look back and remember these things and feel them all over again if I want.

As a newbie blogger, I would be lying if I said I don't care if others are into my blog because of course I want others to be able to relate to me and I want nothing more than to help uplift and inspire someone every single day but I don't want to forget about the reason why I started blogging, which is for me and my creative outlet. Writing has been something I have admired since I bought my very first diary at the age of 10 and although my diary entries were the basic boy crushes and school drama, it still gave me that outlet to express my feelings when no one else understood. It's the same with blogging, except now I know that there are others out there who are similar to me who need the same creative outlet and it's helped me realize that I'm not alone. We all have a purpose to serve on this earth and I'm just trying to find what my purpose is in the hopes of helping others do the same.


I hope that today is full of magic and endless possibilities for every one of you rad souls and thank you so much for sticking through my little thought bubble.


Light, love and all the kindness in the universe,

Courtney


10 comments:

  1. I hope you have a great Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope yours is just as great! 😊

      Delete
  2. Don't ever stress about what to blog about. I know making lists and coming up with blog topics is always great but that also makes it stressful and then you get bored of blogging. Keep on blogging for you and what you want to share with your readers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have no idea how refreshing that is to hear! Thank you! :)

      Delete
  3. From one newbie to another, you seem to have your stuff together! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha... aw, well thank you! It's nice to know I have someone to learn with! :)

      Delete
  4. Congratulations on your new blog! I've been blogging for a while and I really enjoy it:) ~Aimee from theburnedhand.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It's definitely nice to have a creative outlet! I really enjoy your blog by the way! Happy Tuesday, love! :)

      Delete
  5. Hope you had a Happy Memorial Day. Nice to just go with the flow sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your Memorial Day was just as lovely! :)

      Delete