Pages

5/28/15

Summer Vibes + Thankful Thursday

Not that I am not grateful every single day but I thought I would share some things that I am feeling extra, super grateful for this morning and why I am grateful for them...

I am thankful for: the rain... because for me it can mean washing away the negative and unnecessary baggage that no longer serves a purpose in my life and inviting in new intentions and more positive energy.

I am thankful for: my blog and the amazing blogging community... because; like I have mentioned before, I have spent majority of my life trying to find myself and my purpose and with this blog and wonderful blogging souls I have already connected with, I am learning to take it one day at a time and just feel it in my being. This feels like home.

I am thankful for: early mornings + coffee alone... because, I am a true introvert and being able to start my mornings + my thoughts off on the right track, keeps my frequency high + vibrant and allows me to have the mind set + motivation I need to enjoy my days.

------
Comment below with 3 things that you are grateful for today.
I would love to hear your thoughts!
------


SUMMER VIBES



So, for a little fun I thought I would share a little OOTD of my first official dress I have worn in over a year. Want to know a little secret about me? I've always felt uncomfortable in shorts, tanks, dresses, you name it because I was extremely self conscious about my body weight after having two kids so, for me this dress is a huge step and I have to admit, I don't hate it. Now, I am in no means a model and I felt completely awkward the whole time but stepping outside of comfort zones are fun and I kind of felt like a rebel.


The dress I have on was actually purchased through a lovely soul on Instagram and sadly I cannot remember the name of the account or I would post her link but who else is dying over floral this season!?


I could probably live in summer dresses and half top knots for the rest of my life now.

[Boots are from F21.]
Anddd the boots. My ultimate favs! I don't care how hot it gets, some girls have their uggs + I've got these beauties. Although, I get crazy looks and people always questioning why I'm wearing boots in 80 degree weather + my answer is simply YOLO. Love it? Then wear it and rock the eff out of it because who cares?


Well, I'm off to enjoy my second cup of coffee + get my wild cubs ready for the day.

P.S. Try something outside of your comfort zone today, k?
We have to embrace life every second.


Light, love and all the kindness in the universe,

Courtney


11 comments:

  1. I'm thankful for my apartment, my dog, and being able to afford groceries. I just got into the show chasing life and it's really made me focus more on what's important in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omgosh! I completely understand what you mean. That show helps put some things into perspective, for sure!

      Delete
  2. I seriously love your outfit. Super cute.
    Definitely thankful for coffee, organization and my bed today. My back has been hurting me all morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, love! I hope that you get to feeling better soon!

      Delete
  3. You look amazing!!!
    Your dress is adorable and you have nothing to be self conscious about you seriously look fab!!

    My list is very similar to yours!!
    Tea, family and tickets to the wiggles concert in hand this morning make me an excited momma hahah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, you are far too sweet! Thank you! I am loving your grateful list! I hope you all have such an amazing time at the Wiggles concert! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. You're so freakin' cute! I love your outfit and you're sooooo pushing me to finally cut my hair again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you! + I say if you aren't attached to your hair then GO for it! It's summer + you could totally rock it!

      Delete
  5. The sun, my husband and my job! And I just love your outfit - you look great

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I LOVE your list! It's nice to see someone else cherishing the sun + not complaining about the heat! ;)

      Delete