Pages

6/3/15

Self Love+Acceptance


"Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things"  -1 Corinthians 13:4-7

------------------------------------------------------

Love is patient and kind, although sometimes I'm not too kind to myself let alone patient. Especially not here lately. You know, I've been feeling this block on my soul for a couple of weeks and I can't seem to shake it. I keep telling myself maybe if I buckle down and get a routine going then I'll feel a sense of energy lift... and although, organizing and scheduling never hurt anyone, that just isn't the problem. I still feel this sense of disconnection; from myself, from the universe, from the divine. It's gotten to the point where I can't enjoy my yoga practice and I can't focus on my meditations. I've come to the conclusion that it's because I am being way too hard on myself and I am depending way too much on my own understanding and I'm not giving it all to the Divine. 


I am hard on myself every single day and as of lately I have been feeling guilty about not accomplishing something I feel I should have before I go to bed. Like, cleaning out the storage closet or running that 3 miles I said I would do 4 days ago. I have eaten like shit the past two weeks and I've slept in a lot longer than I probably should have and you know what; I'm DONE feeling guilty about all of that because, well, it's burning up my energy and the anxiety and stress and worrying is eating my soul alive.


Instead, I am going to focus all of energy and my entire being on loving who I am and reminding myself that it is entirely okay to not have everything figured out. The Divine's mercies are new each morning and for that I am forever grateful; and although through life's hustle and bustle, it can get difficult to remember to stop and breathe and pray for the clarity my soul is crying out for, I know that if I just quiet my mind and listen, the Divine is guiding me in the right direction. I just have to tune in and feel it. Soak it all up and let go of the worries. After all, what good is a prayer if you don't have the faith?


So, I am making it a point to stop the worrying, stop the stressing and love myself for who I am every second of the day and accept the fact that I cannot control every.single.little.thing and that is perfectly okay.

If you're being hard on yourself, stop it. You're doing wonderfully. You're beautiful. I love you.


Light, Love and all the Kindness in the Universe,

- Courtney

8 comments:

  1. You shouldn't be so hard on yourself babe. You're an amazing, wonderful person and its okay to give in every now and then. It's okay to sleep in, eat like shit, and just being a person. No one is perfect in this world. Especially because you're a mom and kids can be exhausting and we have no control on how things fall through. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gah. Thank you so much dollface! It's definitely something I'm working on!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for this post, you basically said everything I have been feeling lately. It's easy to feel overwhelmed as a planning kind of person.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sending all positive vibes your way, love! We just have to breathe through it and take it one day at a time! :)

      Delete
  3. Its okay to not have things figured out. Allow it to run its course. There will be plenty of other times where this will happen again.. So why fuel it?
    Applying the law of attraction into your daily life will show results and you wont even bother with being hard on yourself... Because from results youll know whats needed will come and what youre ready for woll appear. When we push, the universe pulls away... It says you dont deserve it. But when we are patient and pleasant, the universe rewards. #loveandlight

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are absolutely right! I coach people on LOA every single day but I really need to practice more of what I preach! Thank you so much for your inspiration soul sister! XOXO

      Delete
  4. Its okay to not have things figured out. Allow it to run its course. There will be plenty of other times where this will happen again.. So why fuel it?
    Applying the law of attraction into your daily life will show results and you wont even bother with being hard on yourself... Because from results youll know whats needed will come and what youre ready for woll appear. When we push, the universe pulls away... It says you dont deserve it. But when we are patient and pleasant, the universe rewards. #loveandlight

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just wrote a post similar to this one. It's really hard. We have such high expectations of ourselves, but lower the bar for everyone else. I think you are amazing. Keep being you, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete