Pages

6/20/15

To My Love.


Where do I even begin to express the love I feel for this beautiful being?  I would have never thought that meeting you nearly 11 1/2 years ago would land us here. I find myself constantly asking how I got so damn lucky to find my soul mate so early in life but then again I try not questioning it for the simple fact that I couldn't care any less how it happened, I'm just so freaking happy that it did.


I want you to know that there is absolutely no other being on the face of this earth that could ever replace the beautiful creation that you are or the love you so selflessly share. I knew the moment that I met you, you weren't like any other human I've crossed paths with and looking at the man you have become today, my instincts were utterly and without a doubt, absolutely right.


The bond you have with our boys is unbreakable and I hope you know how much they love and adore you. I want you to know that we notice everything you do for us. I want you to know how much we appreciate your hard work and your strength, your dedication and ambition to always be bettering yourself as a father and a husband and a man of God.


I want you to know how grateful we are for the little things that you think go unnoticed, like today, when you washed the dishes. I know how much you DESPISE doing dishes, but you did them anyway. I noticed. OR when you come home from work and you're exhausted and the last thing you want to do is help with bath time or story time or bedtime but you do it anyway and not because you feel guilty or obligated but because you want to. I admire you for never wanting to miss a beat in our children's lives and I can't help but completely admire you for being so selfless.


It's crazy to even think about this being your SEVENTH Father's Day and each year you surprise us more and give us more reasons to love and appreciate you. You are the true definition of a great father and I know I tell you all the time but I hope it really resonates within your soul when I tell you how freaking proud I am of you and your endeavors. I know we have been through some pretty rough shit in our lives but the fact that you stay strong and consistent and full of faith is what helps remind me to do the same. I couldn't ask for a better spiritual leader for our family.

 And just a reminder for you as you're out working hard for our future today, I am so grateful for you, just the way you are. I want us to continue to prove the haters wrong and I want us to continue to grow in our marriage and grow as individuals and show young couples that it is absolutely possible to work through any and all problems and come out stronger together. Almost 12 years strong and you are more than the man I fell in love with in high-school. You get me. You've helped me grow and you've been there when everyone else wasn't. You are the definition of true love and life just wouldn't be the same without you. Thank you for this beautiful life and our beautiful family.

You will forever and always be my best friend, soulmate, confidant and H E R O.

Don't ever change.


I love you more than all the words, in all the books, in all the world. Times infinity.

Happy Father's Day!

3 comments: