Pages

3/23/16

seeing life differently.



You know, as I sit down to write this post, I don't think I really have a plan as to where it's going but I've had a lot of thoughts running through my mind today and the inspiration keeps flowing so I'm just going to write what I'm feeling. It dawned on me today how drastic and quickly people change. And not necessarily other people, I suppose, but how quickly we change, within ourselves. When I think back to the person I was in high school: just wild, young, completely reckless and daring.. Although, at age 17 those things are fun and you really just don't care how you're living, who you're hurting or what you're doing. I was very simple minded. I was selfish and boy did I love to gossip. (What teenager doesn't?) What I'm really trying to express though is how closed minded I was to the possibility of life. There is so much more out there to learn and explore and to think that the only thing majority of people fill their heads with are "I cant's" and "I wish" and "That sucks" and "But I don't have" and it weighs on my soul much more than I thought. Only because, WE CAN.

As 2014 was coming to a close, I had made the conscious decision to change my ways and to open my heart, mind and soul to new possibilities and things of the unknown, and you know what happened? I got exactly that! I cannot quite explain the consciousness shift but I can tell you, there was one, some like to refer to it as a "spiritual awakening" or "enlightenment" I don't care what you call it, it happened to me and it has been an experience of heart wrenching and gut clenching and soul opening, opportunity knocking, can't sleep because I think I'm going crazy, cry over every feel and think I'm going crazy some more. You know though, I think it's an experience every great, successful, big hearted, crazy enough to change the world people have experienced. Until you can see that there is a world much bigger and more beautiful than what is seen with just your two eyes, gosh, you are missing out on all the beauty.

You fall in love with everyone and everything. You see beauty in the most simple things and you laugh. You laugh a lot more than you used to because you realize that without laughter, everything seems so mundane. And the mundane, becomes extraordinary, because it's he way you see it. See, it's all in your perspective of this life. You choose to be happy and you choose to see the good or you choose to live in misery and you choose to see the bad. Our world may not be perfect but the way you view it, makes all the difference. It's when we start thinking of others feelings and emotions before we think with our ego. It's when we make that conscious decision to open the door for that lady who has 5 kids and can barely keep herself together. It's letting that elderly man go ahead of you in line at the grocery store because he has two items opposed to your full cart of groceries. It's the simple, Hi, I hope you're having a great day to a random person on the street. Those are the things that should light up your day. Those are the gestures that mean ten times more to that person than you know.

It's funny because there are several persons I know who think they find their joy out of owning a 7 bedroom house, with 3 cars sitting in their driveway and a walk in closet full of clothes big enough to supply for an entire orphanage or family shelter, and not help one single person. And then, at the end of the day, they are still left feeling empty. You know, that hole in your soul that makes you feel like you're missing out on something so much bigger? So, they go out and buy more stuff and more stuff until, they have any and everything materialistically they could ever dream of and still left there. Empty. Not a very good feeling to have. Just remember though, when your time comes to leave this life you're currently living, all of your crap will still be here because you can'y take it with you.

We need to get back to what matters most and that is not buying loads of shit and not focusing so much on how much money we have or how long we have to wait in line for the next iPhone. (Don't get me wrong, I love my iPhone. That isn't my point though.) We need to get back to our real happiness. The real focus in life and that is spending time with the ones we love. Getting out in nature and soaking in as much sun as we can. Laugh. Sing. Dance. Eat amazing food. Yoga. Meditate. Cook. Bake. Write. Read. Swim. Bike. Smile. Run. Fall and get back up. Roll down hills. Experience life. Do crazy unexpected things that you can laugh at. Make memories! Make as many memories as your little heart can hold because that's what's most important! Those are the experiences you remember. Cherish the people in your life every single day. I don't care how often you talk, don't talk, see each other, don't see each other. Our connection and relationship with the earthlings in our lives is what matters. Earthlings, memories, and experiences, because in all honesty, what else matters?

Stop stressing about how much you hate your job and stop complaining about why you hate betty and why Jim is a douche, and if you aren't happy with your pay grade, do something about it.

Stop spending all of your time on the internet and online shopping when it's 75 degrees outside and your kid has been pulling at your leg for 20 minutes to go outside and play at the park. Take them outside.

Stop complaining about how so and so has this and has that and start focusing on yourself. Be happy for those people. Jealousy kills very slowly.

Start focusing your mindset on yourself and your happiness. And for god's sake start living a meaningful life that gives you REAL purpose.

Tomorrow isn't promised to anyone and if we don't let go of our ego's now, I can tell you that there would be a lot of regrets and negative energy floating around this world.

We are all cut from the same cloth and we are all made from the same energy.

Even though we may look different and our actions and character make us appear different, in reality I am just like you and you are just like that person you might not like. Suck it up.

Love everyone. For everyone and everything are s o u l s. And to yourself, remember how you want to leave this world remembering you.


xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment