Pages

3/17/16

three simple tips to simplifying + minimizing your life.



KNOW YOUR INTENTION. Living a simple and minimal life goes so much deeper than thinking you have to rid of all of your belongings (but getting rid of things is a pretty good start) and pitch a tent in the mountains, although that does sound like the perfect little life. Living simple is about intentionally making the decision to part ways with the things that you feel no longer serve any purpose to you. You need to have the mindset of quality over quantity. Just take a second to think to yourself... do have things that you haven't used in over a month? Do you have multiples of something in different colors but you couldn't pass it up because it was just too cute? Do you find that you convince yourself to buy this or buy that because the deal is just too good to pass up? Trust me, I know the feeling. Until, I had to take a step back and realize that I was surrounded with so much clutter of "things" but still had an empty feeling, which led me to buying more because I thought that in doing so, I would fill that "void" or "hole" or emptiness I was feeling. So, be intentional with WHY you want to simplify and make sure you're doing it because it's going to help you put your energy towards what's really most important, whether that be more time with family or picking back up on a hobby you haven't done in years or trying something new. Something to get you connected again with nature and those who matter most.


GET RID OF UNNECESSARY ITEMS. Obviously, a part of simplifying and minimizing is getting rid of things you just DO NOT use. We tend to old emotional attachments to 'stuff' because society has dug it into our brains that we are basically nothing without owing tons of things. Don't let stuff define you as a person. You are not that $400 Kate Spade purse and you are not that $100 pair of sunglasses. All that money you're spending on materialistic things could be used to something so much more important, like a vacation or road trip, renovating your house, or saved and put away for an investment you might have. If you haven't used it atlas twice in 30 days, get rid of it. If you haven't worn something in 2 weeks, get rid of it. If it's been sitting there collecting dust or you've just forgotten you own it, get rid of it.

CREATE A WHITE SPACE. And by this I mean, a clear space in your home where you can go and relax and not have to stress or worry about your day or events that have happened previously. Living simple and minimal, like I said goes deeper than 'stuff.' It includes your relationship, mindset and overall everyday happenings. Use this as your sacred space. Only allow positive energy and keep the decor as simple as possible, but that doesn't mean it can't be cozy. Make it a space of purity and cleansed air. Make sure before stepping into this space you are not carrying in any negative vibes or energy. Also, you want to make sure you are completely unplugged in this space. Keep all electronics out. Part of living simple is learning to take time away from your phone, laptop, tv and internet. Just breath, and slowly get back to yourself.

So, there you have. Straight and to the point. These tips have been life savers for me because I am still new to this minimal lifestyle but it's a lifestyle I have grown to love and I couldn't ever go back to the way life was before. With doing this I have grown SO much happier with not only myself and my home but my relationships and using my finances for more important things that don't clutter up my space. I have more time with my family, I spend more time in my own thoughts and I'm more connected to universe than I ever have been before. It's beautiful and I am SO grateful that I have found this new, sustainably way of living.
I hope that these tips were helpful and if you do decide to try them out, please keep me updated.I hope that you beautiful earthlings have the most magical day and remember that you are beautiful, you are brave and you are a force to be reckoned with.Don't ever forget it. xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment