Pages

3/30/16

choose happy.



Anyone else like reading your favorite YouTuber's video comments? Well, I do. I know it probably seems a little strange and I promise you that it isn't every video. Only specific videos, like "How to Become a Morning Person" or "Ways to be Happier" and although I am quite the sucker for videos like that, mostly for the good music and the awesome editing, I find that some of the "TIPS" or "ADVICE" in these videos are common sense. Honestly, I don't even know if it's humane of me to be repeating any of what was asked, but then again, none of us know who these people are, and this is my personal space to write whatever the hell I feel and so I'm going to...

One of the many questions repeated was "Can you make a video on how to be happy with yourself and happy with your life?"

Not to mock and I say this with the deepest love: Are you freaking kidding me?! 

Or there was "How do you find happiness?"

Come on, really? My heart is yearning to just swoop these broken souls up into my arms and squeeze them as tight as I possibly can. Not because I feel sorry for them, but because these people are so wrapped up in their egos and their consciousness is swarmed with so much clutter and universal blockage that they fail to see that HAPPINESS, isn't something you find. It just isn't. Happiness isn't lost, therefore we have no viable reason to be "looking" for it. Understand?

You lose your keys, therefore they need to be found, so you go looking for them.

Your phone can be lost because it is an inanimate object. It's something that can be found.

Happiness, however, isn't inanimate, it's a CHOICE.

Believe it or not happiness is something we create. And it can be created in large quantities or small. Whatever you choose. The most important thing about happiness though, is that you are creating it and that you are CHOOSING it, every single day. Maybe not all day everyday, but just a little ounce everyday, makes for a much happier being, which in turn makes for a much, much happier life. And the best part is, it's not something you had to go looking for because it's been in front of you the entire time. Now, obviously I am not going to sit here and say that choosing happy is all peaches and cream, only because I am human, and I completely understand what it is like to be in a funk and find it hard to snap out of. What I will say though... If you make that conscious decision to choose happy thoughts instead of swarming your mind with so much negative, it can do so much for not only releasing stress and reducing anxiety but it does wonders for your self esteem.

It's learning to train your conscious mind to automatically catch a negative thought and replacing it with something that makes you feel good about yourself. Replacing those negative thoughts with something wonderful that happened to you that day or thinking of something you are grateful for or excited for in the upcoming week or month. And at first, catching yourself mid negative thought or word can be weird because personally, I stop myself out loud... with a "oh crap! You shouldn't say that. Now take it back and say something good!" And I do, even if I'm not alone. It's okay if people think you're weird. Everyone is a little weird. Weird is good. Haha.

Just do me a favor? Stop reading this for just a second. And stop everything else you're doing...
Texting.
Watching tv.
Drinking your morning coffee/tea/water.
Just stop.

Grab a piece of paper and a pen or pencil and I want you to jot down THREE positive things about either yourself, how you're feeling, something you re grateful for, someone you're grateful for, an event you're excited for. Doesn't matter how big or how small. Just THREE positive things.
Got it? Okay now, I want you to hang that somewhere in your home out in the open, where it can be seen every time you walk by. As your day continues, I want you to add THREE or and then THREE more after that. Sounds easy right? Thats because it is.

Okay, now at the end of your day you should have NINE positive things written on your list.
Before you go to bed tonight I want you to look at that list of NINE and I want you to say them out loud THREE times, and don't just say them. Feel them and believe in them. After you have done that I want you to say this affirmation before you drift off to sleep or continue your nightly routine...


I have a truly wonderful life and I am blessed.
I am worthy of all things great and I deserve nothing but the best.
I am strong and I am grateful.
I won't ever give up no matter how tough things get.
I am smart and I am fully capable.
I am brave. I am beautiful. I am free.


Truly feel this affirmation. Be this affirmation, because it is TRUE. You are all of such capable, beautiful, strong and brave, beautiful beings! Do not waste your energy on unnecessary negativity. Embrace your energy, conserve your energy and use it for greatness. YOU ARE THAT GREATNESS. Every single day.

Don't ever forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment